These Creamy Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Celery sticks are one of my favorite guilt-free appetizers/snacks!
Have you heard that it takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with?
It’s true, but it has nothing to do with the chewing involved. It all comes down to the digestion of the plant’s cellulose composition. The body expels more energy trying to break down the celery which results in what is called “negative calories.”
Which brings me to this delicious recipe I have for you today…
These Creamy Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Celery are a rich and tasty snack or appetizer that will leave you craving more, and your waistline happy. The combination of cream cheese and blue cheese make these little bites irresistible. Sprinkle a dash or two of some zesty buffalo sauce on it and it’s a definite crowd-pleaser.
It’s all the elements of those heavily fried buffalo wings with creamy blue cheese dressing spun around into a healthy treat you can feel good about enjoying.
Did I mention the negative calories from celery??
Creamy Buffalo Blue Cheese Stuffed Celery
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp blue cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Garlic, or 2 tsp pressed garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Celery, trimmed and cut into 3 inch pieces
- buffalo sauce, I love Frank's
- green onions, diced
- Combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic and salt in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Fill each celery stalk with a tablespoon of the cheese spread, sprinkle with a few dashes of buffalo sauce, and a few green onions. Enjoy.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
recipe slightly adapted from: Weight Watchers