This Corned Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball is filled with cream cheese, shredded Cache Valley cheddar cheese, finely diced corned beef and rolled in chopped pecans.
If you’re looking for a super easy appetizer for the holidays or for your next party, this cheeseball is where it’s at!
Several years ago my sister-in-law came to visit with her cute family. They stayed a few nights, and while she was there she whipped up one of these delicious cheeseballs.
I hadn’t been able to forget it ever since, then Thanksgiving happened.
I was at my parent’s for Thanksgiving and my husband went to work on our property with some of his brothers during the holiday. His brother brought one of these cheeseballs with him and my husband brought one back home with him!
Imagine my delight when I opened the fridge and saw a glorious cheeseball wrapped up tightly in the fridge!
You better believe I opened it up and enjoyed an early lunch!
I asked my sister-in-law for the recipe and she graciously shared it with me, but I had to make one small (but flavorful) tweak to it.
I added a cup of shredded Cache Valley sharp cheddar cheese!
I’ve teamed up with Cache Valley Cheese again! Cache Valley is Utah’s hidden gem and the inspiration behind the delicious and nutritious products Cache Valley Creamery produces. Pronounced “cash,” the French word means to hide or store one’s treasures. A picturesque valley nestled between the Wasatch, Bannock and Bear River Mountain ranges, Cache Valley is a land of dairy farms, stunning mountains, modest towns, and friendly people.
I have visited Cache Valley many, many times, it’s just a gorgeous place!
Speaking of gorgeous… this cheeseball!
I thought I was smitten before, but the addition of the extra cheese in there really takes it over the top!
Serve the cheeseball with crackers and watch it disappear!
You’re going to love this one!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Corned Beef and Cheddar Cheeseball
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup Cache Valley sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, diced small
- 3 oz. corned beef lunch meat, about 1/2 cup (diced small)
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- wheat crackers, for serving
- Combine the cream cheese and garlic salt in a medium size bowl and use a hand mixer or sturdy spoon to combine.
- Add the shredded cheese, green onions and chopped corned beef, mix to fully combine.
- Lay mixture on top of a sheet of plastic wrap and cover, using your hands to form a ball.
- Place chopped pecans on a shallow plate or shallow bowl, unwrap the cheeseball and roll in the chopped pecans, coating it completely. Place the crackers around the cheeseball and serve. Store in the fridge, covered. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Cache Valley Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.