These Cheesy Pretzel Sticks are soft pretzels stuffed with melty cheese and are just 5 simple ingredients!!
I’ve taken up a new hobby, and I’m pretty sure this one is going to kill me.
I’m not the most coordinated person out there, but for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to get into mountain biking.
My husband just recently bought a nice mountain bike and has been going out with his brother on these rad looking mountain bike trails, and in true “little-sister” fashion, I wanted to join in on the fun.
My husband is thrilled to have me joining him, of course. HA!
We are basically in different worlds when it comes to our skill level. I’m very much novice, but I’m having fun, none the less.
The last ride I went on though, I had a pretty hard fall.
I thought it would be a good idea to ride down a sandy river bed. My bike went one way and my body went the other. I landed on some rocks and got pretty bruised up, but I jumped back on my bike and finished the trail.
Then I went home and quickly comforted myself with these Cheesy Pretzel Sticks. Cause nothing makes you feel better after a fall than carbs and cheese.
These pretzel sticks are insanely easy to make. In fact, I whipped these up in less than 20 minutes!
Just lay out some Pillsbury pizza dough and cut it into 8 equal rectangles. I used sharp cheddar cheese on the inside, but you an use any of your favorite cheeses in there. I bet a nice pepper jack would be fun!
PRO TIP: Make sure to not stretch the dough too thin, or the cheese might ooze out while baking.
You’re going to love these large soft pretzels stuffed with gooey cheese! They’re perfect for an after school snack, game day snack or for after a mountain bike crash.
Either way, you’re going to love these!
Thank goodness for carbs and cheese!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Cheesy Pretzel Sticks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a pot filled with 2 quarts of water to a boil and add slowly add the baking soda. Keep at a simmer.
- Meanwhile, spread out the pizza dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet and cut into 8 equal size rectangles. Top each rectangle with a cheddar cheese stick, and fold the dough around the stick, making sure to pinch the seams closed. Try to not let the dough stretch too thin or it might ooze cheese out while baking.
- Use a slotted spoon to quickly dip the cheese sticks into the boiling water and then place back on the baking sheet.
- Whisk an egg with 1 tbsp cold water and brush the tops of each stick with the egg mixture. Sprinkle with as much coarse salt as you would like. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops are a deep golden brown. Let cool slightly before enjoying!
DON’T MISS THESE OTHER CHEESE STICKS!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE IT!