Bright and bold flavors of a traditional Greek Salad join cool and creamy California Avocados and smoky bacon for an all new California Greek Salad. By far one of my favorite salads yet!
I’m just going to come right out and say it – I’m a salad fanatic.
We eat a salad with our dinner about 5 nights a week. Greek Salad has been a long time family favorite because it combines things like Kalmata olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese tossed with Romaine lettuce.
Then I went and did something cray-cray. I added some diced California Avocados and a bunch of crispy, crumbly bacon.
I’m pretty sure anything considered “Californian” consists of avocado and bacon. So yeah, ‘California’ Greek Salad.
Pure. Heaven. People!
I never knew my Greek Salad was missing these vital ingredients until I put them in there, and WOW! I don’t want to make another Greek salad without them!
The dressing for this tasty salad consists of the one and only California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil, along with a little red wine vinegar, some old fashioned dijon mustard and a few herbs.
I shook it all up in my new dressing shaker from OXO. Love!
**Do you have an original salad recipe that you love too? California Olive Ranch has teamed up with the California Avocado Commission, California Almonds and OXO to celebrate salad season! Submit your best original homemade salad and dressing recipe for a chance to win some fabulous prizes and some hardcore moolah! The contest ends May 20, 2013 so hurry up and get to it!
I tossed just the lettuce with the dressing then proceeded to toss the rest of the tasty components all together.
This is the perfect salad to bring along to summer get togethers. Just toss right before serving for a beautiful presentation!
Tell me I’m not the only one who wants to be buried in that salad and have to eat my way out.
Too much? mmmmkay…
Just do it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
California Greek Salad
For the Dressing:
- 4 tbsp California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp each: salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano
For the Salad:
- 6 cups Romaine Hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup english cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup kalmata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 California Avocado, diced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or dressing shaker. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Toss the chopped romaine lettuce in a large bowl with half of the dressing, stir to coat.
- Top with the remaining ingredients, gently toss disperse ingredients throughout. Serve with additional salad dressing if desired.
disclosure: I received products from California Olive Branch, California Almonds, OXO and California Avocado Commission. I was not required to post or write about it. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Post contains affiliate links.