This hearty, meatless main dish of Whole Wheat Gnocchi in Cream Sauce is a quick and easy recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes thanks to the fact that we’re using shelf-stable gnocchi!
This is my newest recipe for Better Homes and Gardens, and I’m so excited to share it with you today!
A few days ago I asked on Facebook what sort of recipes you guys were looking for. Quick and Easy, Healthy, Cheap, Dinners, etc. These were the types of responses I got from you and I am listening!
So that’s exactly what I’ve made here for you! This quick and easy main dish is super affordable at less than $2.50 per serving! It’s also a healthy spin on a comforting dish which I think is perfect for these long winter nights!
I’m totally in love with this colorful and flavorful dish, and I think you’re going to love it too!Print
Whole Wheat Gnocchi in Cream Sauce
Fluffy gnocchi in a creamy sauce with arugula, corn and red bell peppers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb. shelf-stable whole wheat gnocchi (found in the pasta isle)
- 2 small ears of sweet corn (or 2 cup frozen whole corn)
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each: salt, garlic powder, dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups torn fresh arugula and baby spinach mix
- In Dutch oven cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding corn the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Click here to get my modifications and the FULL INSTRUCTIONS.
Keywords: whole wheat, gnocchi, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, corn, spinach, half and half