This crazy easy White Chocolate Almond Roca recipe is just 5 simple ingredients and is seriously so addictive!
Can we just agree that the Holidays are the BEST time of the year?!
Giving, sharing, singing, praising, cookies, candies… It’s no wonder everyone is in good spirits. Especially when all you need are 5 simple ingredients to make the most amazing white chocolate covered almond toffee!
I wanted to take step by step pictures for you just to show you how easy it is to make your own candy, so here goes…
Start by melting some Challenge Butter (the quality of the butter does make a difference), sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan.
Once it starts to bubble you’ll want to whisk it constantly until it starts to turn a nice shade of brown.
You’re looking for the color to match the skin of an almond.
Because I know there are some of you out there who want precise measurements… I also used my candy thermometer! So once it reaches 285 degrees F, you’ll want to pour it in a foil lined pan that’s been covered with crushed almonds.
Next just sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top of the piping hot toffee. Let the chocolates sit for a second and….
Tada! The chocolates are easy spreadable and you don’t have to get another bowl dirty to melt them. This method also helps the chocolate to stick to the toffee.
Finally, sprinkle the top with some more crushed almonds!
Now the hard part… waiting for it to cool.
**While it’s cooling, I wanted to take a minute and let you know about a project I am partnering with Challenge Butter on again this year. It’s Challenge’s “Pin a Meal, Feed a Child” campaign. They’ve partnered up with UNICEF once again to address the childhood malnutrition crisis. Challenge has pledged to provide UNICEF with up to 75,000 meals for malnourished children. And this is where you come in! All you have to do to help is PIN this recipe from THIS PINTEREST BOARD. Each repin on that board will count as a meal. That’s it! So easy!
All that’s left to do now is enjoy a little (or a lot) of this easy homemade toffee!Print
White Chocolate Almond Roca
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped almonds, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Challenge Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Place half of the coarsely chopped almonds on the bottom of a foil lined 8″x8″ pan.
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once mixture begins to bubble, stir constantly.
- Keep whisking until the mixture turns “almond” brown or reaches a temperature of 285 degrees F. (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Pour the mixture over the almonds and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips evenly over the top and let sit for 1 minute before spreading with a knife to make a smooth layer. Sprinkle the remaining almonds over the top and let cool for 2 hours.
- Break the toffee into pieces and enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Challenge Dairy. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.