This super easy Turtle Fudge does not require a candy thermometer, but comes out beautifully every time! It’s the perfect treat for this Holiday season!
You guys… WE DID IT!!!
We put an offer in on a house and it was accepted!!
We’re moving back to the US right after Christmas and I can hardly contain my excitement!
Here’s the bummer part – packing up. Yeah, I know, it’s inevitable, but it royally sucks being a food blogger when you move. I basically have to pack up two kitchens, and we all know that the kitchen is the most time consuming part to packing up a house.
Since we have about a month to go, I am being super productive and beginning to pack up my blog’s prop stuff. This means over the next month (possibly month and a half), you’ll be seeing lots of the same plates and napkins in my photos.
Yeah, it’s no big deal, but I wanted to let you know so you’re not like, “Man, Shawn is super lazy and won’t spruce up her food styling skills. Lame.”
Hopefully we can still be BFFs and you’ll still love me, because, well, I make you things like this awesome fudge.
The fudge is actually super easy to make. I found inspiration from this Turtle Cheesecake Fudge from my gal Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life. I used her method of white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow fluff, but added butterscotch instant pudding mix to give the fudge a nice caramel/butterscotch flavor.
Once I poured the fudge into the wax paper lined baking pan I placed pecan halves on top in nice orderly rows. If you’re not OCD like me, you could just toss some chopped pecans evenly over the whole pan of fudge and call it good. When the fudge is set just cut and dip the bottoms in melting chocolates and let dry on wax paper again. Drizzle any leftover melting chocolates over the top and BOOM, you have yourself some gorgeous and tasty fudge!
These totally remind me of when I was a kid. My dad and I used to make the classic turtles every year together. They are his absolute favorite. I’m thinking he’d love a batch of this fudge this year! 🙂
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small box butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream, fluff
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup melting chocolates
- Line an 8x8" baking pan with wax paper then set aside.
- Combine the white chocolate, butter, salt and sweetened condensed milk in a pot over medium heat. Stir until smooth then stir in the instant pudding mix until combined. Once combined add the marshmallow fluff and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and top with the pecans (you can chop the pecans before adding on top or place whole pecans on top). Let cool for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Once cool, carefully pull out of pan and cut into 1 inch squares. Melt the chocolates according to package instructions and dip the bottoms of the fudge squares into the chocolate, then place on a sheet of wax paper to cool. Use any leftover melted chocolates to drizzle on top of the pecans.
- Keep stored in an air tight container. Enjoy!