Who says you can only enjoy the wonderful flavors of a Reuben Sandwich at lunch time? Introducing the epic Reuben Breakfast Sandwich!
Loaded with pan fried corned beef, tangy sauerkraut, creamy thousand island dressing and a fried egg, all on top of a crispy Thomas’ English Muffin!
I’m a huge fan of savory breakfast.
Honestly, I’d prefer to eat a breakfast sandwich over a cinnamon roll. So these Reuben inspired breakfast sandwiches are on the top of my list of awesome breakfast ideas.
As with any Reuben, you can start with either corned beef or pastrami. I went with a nice slice of corned beef for this one.
Just go to your deli counter and have them slice you up some thick slices. Do you always ask for samples of the meat their slicing?
I do! Then I pretend that I’m pondering if I want to buy it or not, when I fully know I am going to buy it. Ha! I hope I am not the only one who does this. 🙂
So this meat… I’ve chopped it up and thrown it a hot skillet and let it cook almost like bacon. Let it get nice and crispy, then pile on a couple slices of swiss cheese while it’s still in the skillet. It will get super nice and melted.
While it’s getting all cheesy, crack an egg in the skillet and cook it up.
I like to cook my eggs over easy, but a nice sunny side up egg would be great for this too.
Slather the toasted English muff with a generous portion of thousand island dressing.
I love the Thomas’ Sour Dough muffins for this sandwich. It’s the perfect flavor for this deli breakfast sandwich.
Don’t forget to add the sauerkraut in there too!
You’re going to love this delicious twist to breakfast!Print
Reuben Breakfast Sandwich
The Reuben Breakfast Sandwich is loaded with flavor and makes breakfast exciting again!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced corned beef or pastrami
- 2 (1ounce) slices, Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tbsp Thousand Island dressing
- 2 sour dough Thomas’ English Muffins, toasted
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and lightly coat with non-stick spray. Cook the corned beef or pastrami slices (in two equal size piles), turning occasionally, until slightly crisped and fragrant.
- Just before the corned beef or pastrami is done, top each pile with a slice of Swiss cheese. Coat the skillet again with non-stick spray if needed and cook the eggs to your liking, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide the Thousand Island dressing between each toasted English muffin. Top with the cheese covered corned beef, the egg, and the sauerkraut. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Ruben, breakfast, pastrami, swill cheese, sauerkraut, english muffin
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Thomas’ English Muffins. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible.