This Pistachio Cream Frankenstein Pie is the perfect last-minute Halloween treat! It’s ready in minutes, super cute, and tastes amazing!
I seriously love this pie. It’s so quick and easy to make, completely versatile, and soooo delicious!
I used pistachio instant pudding to give me that adorable Frankenstein green, but you could use vanilla pudding with a few drops of green food coloring if pistachio isn’t your thing.
Talk about convenience! This pie requires just 4 simple ingredients (including bone healthy milk!) for the base, and then maybe a small handful of candies for the decorations… but you probably already have your Halloween candy purchased and ready to go, don’t you?!
I think I went overboard this year. Ok, that’s an understatement. I bought a bunch of candy this year. I think it’s because last year when my kids went trick-or-treating they came back with like 50 small bags of chips, and not very much candy. Apparently chip giving is very popular in our small town. I’m going to off-set that by handing out giant handfuls of candy to each child who rings my doorbell.
It’s all about balance, right? 😉
Speaking of candy… you’ll need some red twizzlers for the cut above Frankenstein’s eye, black licorice for his mouth, chocolate squares for his hair, two Oreos and two junior mints for his eyes, and then two mini reese’s for the bolts in his neck.
I thought this guy was super cute. My husband, on the other hand, had some major concerns… He kept saying that it’s not fair that someone gets a slice of pie with all those chocolate pieces, or how someone will get an Oreo eye ball and he will get none.
I think someone was deprived of treats as a child…
You don’t have to worry though, because the pistachio cream pie by itself is extremely tasty!
It’s light and fluffy and full of that delicious pistachio pudding flavor!
Ahh… who am I kidding, that Oreo eyeball really takes it over the top!Print
Pistachio Cream Frankenstein Pie
Pistachio Cream Frankenstein Pie is a perfect last minute Halloween treat that is cute and tastes amazing!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ready made graham cracker pie crust
- 1 small package pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
For the Frankenstein Face:
- 2 Oreos
- 2 Junior Mints
- 2 Mini Reese’s Cups
- 1 black licorice, cut to 2 inches long
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1 Twizzlers, red, cut to 1 inch long
- To prepare the pie simply place the pudding mix and cold milk in a large bowl. Whisk for at least 1 minute, then fold in the cool whip. Pour the mousse into the prepared graham cracker crust and let sit for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Top with the candies to make a Frankenstein face. Carefully open up the Oreos and lay them cream side up on the pie, where his eyeballs should go. Top with the junior mints.
- Place the Hershey’s chocolate squares above the eyeballs for his hair, layering them works great.
- Use the licorice for his mouth, and the twizzlers for a cut above the eye. Use the mini Reese’s cups for bolts just below his mouth. Enjoy!
Keywords: Pistachio, pudding, Frakenstein, Pie
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Arizona Milk Producers. I am proud to be a compensated ambassador for them, and bring you delicious dairy inspired recipes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.