These Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Sticks are filled with all the classic flavors of your favorite deli sandwich, wrapped up and ready to party!
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Sticks Recipe:
- Start by chopping up some green bell peppers and onions, then sauté them in a skillet with just a little butter.
- Unroll some refrigerated pizza dough and cut into mini rectangles.
- Top each slice of pizza dough with some provolone cheese, deli roast beef and your sautéed peppers and onions.
- Wrap them up, brush with butter and bake!
There is major debate on the actual components for a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.
Some say there are no peppers, some say there are no onions, some say that only authentic Philly Cheesesteaks have cheese whiz, NOT provolone cheese.
To this I say, just do what makes you happy!
This recipe reflects what I think is a delicious sandwich stuffed into some pizza dough. It might not be the most authentic recipe out there, but it tastes AMAZING!
What Cut of Meat is Best for Philly Cheese Steak?
- Traditionally the best cut of meat for a Philly cheese steak sandwich would be a ribeye.
- Since these pizza sticks are meant to be a quick and easy appetizer or snack, I opted for some deli sliced roast beef.
- Grab a good quality roast beef if you can for optimal flavor and texture.
- If you happen to have some leftover steak in your fridge, thinly slice it and substitute that for the roast beef!
Tips for Rolling Up Your Pizza Sticks:
- When rolling out the pizza dough, try to not press it too thin. This can cause breaks in the dough when rolling and baking.
- Try your best to not over fill the pizza sticks as this can make it more difficult to roll them up.
- Pinch the seams closed all around so no filling can escape, then lay them seam side down on the baking sheet.
- NOTE: Some filling or cheese might ooze out when baking, which is ok. Those crispy cheese bits tend to be my favorite part!
Bake your pizza sticks until they are nice and golden brown before removing from the oven. Let them cool slightly before enjoying!
We seriously love the flavors of these quick and easy Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Sticks!
Not only do they make a great appetizer for game day, but they’re also great for snacks and lunch!
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Sticks
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 5 thick slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 6 oz. deli sliced roast beef
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and add in the peppers and onions. Sauté until the peppers and onions are tender and lightly charred. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile unroll the tube of pizza dough on a clean surface and press out to an even thickness, then cut into 10 equal size rectangles.
- Top each rectangle with a half-slice of provolone cheese, roast beef (divide evenly among all rectangles), and a tbsp of the peppers and onions. Carefully wrap the pizza dough up and around the filling, pinching the seams closed.
- Lay the pizza sticks seam-side down on the greased baking sheet. Melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and stir in the garlic powder and Italian seasonings until combined. Brush over the tops of the pizza sticks and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool slightly before enjoying!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: