Welcome to the second (and final) week of my Holiday Gift Guide! Be sure to check out all the gift ideas and recipes from last week here.
Today I want to show you some gift items that any kid will love.
If you have kids, or know someone with kids and they are always wanting to help out in the kitchen, then you’ll want to check out these awesome gadgets from Kizmos.
My favorite thing has got to be these nesting measuring cups!
They stack inside of each other, how cute is that?!
But if you asked my kids what their favorite Kizmos was, they would all unanimously say… the Crazy Straws.
We set out to make some cookies using the Kizmos and the kids had a blast.
Especially when it came to eating the cookies and drinking milk….with a crazy straw….
Have you seen these holiday Hershey Kisses that are out right now? They are the Mint Truffles, and come in green foil. They taste like those Andes Mints. Blissful.
So we did the logical thing and stuffed them inside of a sweet chocolate chip cookie.
With my big helpers it was easy. They unwrapped all the chocolates, and measured all the ingredients using their Kizmos kitchen tools. I love it when they help out, and so do they.
To make the cookies just grab a little ball of cookie dough and place a Hershey Kiss on top. Then grab another ball of cookie dough and place it over the Hershey Kiss, and gently pinch the seams of the cookie dough together to enclose the Hershey Kiss.
Once they have cooled you can serve them up with a nice tall glass of milk and a crazy straw.
And now for the cookies!
Mint Truffle Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate morsels, mini
- 18 mint truffle Hershey Kisses
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl (or using your stand mixer) combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, and vanilla, and continue to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry flour ingredients to the wet ingredients, still beating until the cookie dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
- Take a small amount of cookie dough and place it in one hand, top with a mint truffle, and then top with another small amount of cookie dough. Using your hands, carefully cup around the cookie dough to enclose the Hershey Kiss, pinching the sides as you go.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the cookies is done to your liking. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These are very large cookies, enjoy!
disclaimer: Kizmos provided me and is providing the winner with a set of neat gadgets to play with. All thoughts and opinions here are my own.