Move over sausage and eggs, this Fried Banana and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich is the new king of the morning!
When I saw these Thomas Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins in the store I couldn’t resist grabbing them. The plump raisins inside the cinnamon bread is just amazing when toasted and served with a nice helping of butter slathered on top.
I have them frequently during the week.
Then I got to thinking… I wonder if I could make a delicious breakfast sandwich to fit my new favorite english muffin?
I wanted something sweet, yet savory, but I didn’t want to add an egg in there.
You can still call it a breakfast sandwich without an egg, right?
I mean, this sandwich is filled with fried (read: slightly caramelized with cinnamon and sugar) bananas, crisp and smoky bacon and what I think is the best part…
Maple syrup infused mascarpone cream!!!!
So basically the best thing ever invented.
Toast up your cinnamon and raisin english muffins, slather them with the glorious, creamy spread and top it with some sweet honey glazed bananas and crispy bacon.
Seriously… breakfast of my dreams.
If you’re looking for a new and exciting way to do breakfast, you’re definitely going to want to try this baby out.
It’s perfect for home or on the go…
Just make sure you grab some napkins!Print
Fried Banana and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Fried Banana and Bacon Breakfast Sandwich is a great way to change up your regular breakfast for something flavorful and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium, slightly under-ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon raisin Thomas’s English Muffins, toasted
- Cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in skillet over medium high heat, swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cut the banana into 1/2 inch thick discs and place cut-side down in the hot oil. Brown on each side (for about 1 minute per side), then remove pan from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey and water and pour into the hot pan, coating the banana slices. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Whisk together the mascarpone cream and maple syrup until it’s light and fluffy. Spread the cream on the toasted English muffins then top with the fried bananas and crisp bacon. Enjoy!
Keywords: fried banana, bacon, english muffin, breakfast, sandwich, bacon, cinnamon
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Thomas’ Breads. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.