These cool and refreshing Coconut Cream Pie Popsicles are creamy and taste just like a coconut cream pie in popsicle form!
I’m super excited for next week!!
I’ve signed my kids up for a week long science camp, and while I hate the fact that I have to drive them there at 9am (whyyyy does it have to start so early!?!), I am loving the fact that they will be entertained for several hours and I won’t have to hear them asking for more and more snacks.
I’m pretty sure children have an empty leg. So when they consume copious amounts of food it just empties into their leg and they can keep filling up. (My grandpa used to say that to me when I was a kid).
When I was making these creamy popsicles my kids were hovering around me like vultures ready to pounce on their dying prey. Then every 20 minutes for the following 5 hours they asked if they could “have a popsicle now?”
How about now?
Yup… sooooo excited for science camp! 🙂
But honestly, I loved the texture of these quick and easy popsicles. I put shredded sweetened coconut into the blender along with a can of coconut milk, a little sugar and some coconut extract for good measure. The coconut flakes gave the popsicles a chewy bite each time you licked it. If you’re not into chewing your popsicles, then you can just leave those out of there.
I even went so far as to put cool whip and toasted coconut flakes on the tops (err… bottom depending on how you look at it). So when you get to the last few bites it’s a fluffy whip cream and toasted coconut surprise.
Oh yeah, these babies are super delicious!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Coconut Cream Pie Popsicles
- 1 15oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, optional
- 1 cup frozen cool whip, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Combine the coconut milk, sugar, extracts and 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. (leave the coconut flakes out for a smoother popsicle)
- Pour the mixture into 5oz paper cups or popsicle molds and place in the freezer for 15 minutes (without the sticks in).
- After 15 minutes scoop a dollop of cool whip on top of each mold, insert popsicle stick, then sprinkle with toasted coconut. Place back in freezer for at least 4 hours. Remove popsicles from by dipping the mold into warm water for 5 to 10 seconds, or if using paper cups, just tear the cup away from the popsicles. Enjoy!