Nothing oozes more romance than a chocolate covered strawberry…
Except maybe a Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries!!
Oh yeah, I went there.
I totally have a thing for strawberries and cheesecake. Check out this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake if you don’t believe me! So last week I took a trip to Las Vegas with a friend of mine and we made a special stop at the Melting Pot for dinner.
We had some amazing cheese fondue (which I plan on recreating for you soon), and ended the night with a big pot of melted chocolate. Dipping the strawberries in the chocolate was my favorite part. Something about the juicy sweet strawberry in the rich decadent chocolate… so so good.
You don’t have to have a fondue pot to make these Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, just some milk chocolate chips and a large bowl!
The first thing you need to do is remove the stems from the freshly washed strawberries. I used a small melon baller to scoop out the stems and make a nice pocket for the cheesecake filling to sit.
Then I simply piped the cheesecake filling into each strawberry and set them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. I put them in the fridge while I got the chocolates melted for dipping.
Once the chocolate was ready I carefully dipped the bottom of the strawberry in the chocolate and laid it back down on the wax paper to harden. You can sprinkle the wet chocolate with some sprinkles or drizzle a little white chocolate over the top for a little extra flair.
To give the cheesecake portion of this delicious dessert a little more oomph, I crushed up some graham cracker crumbs and sprinkled the cheesecake with it.
I’m seriously smitten with these tasty little strawberries. I know you’ll fall in love too.
Chocolate Dipped, Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are indulgent and addicting!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Use a melon baller to remove the stems and create a small whole in the strawberries for the cheesecake to sit. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and sour cream until fluffy. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined. Place cheesecake mixture into a piping bag or zip close bag, with the corner snipped off.
- Squeeze a little bit of the cheesecake mixture into each strawberry. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet when done and let chill in the fridge until ready to dip.
- Place the chocolate chips in a metal or glass bowl that is big enough to sit on top of a small pot that’s filled with 1 inch of water. Bring the pot of water to a boil and place the bowl of chocolate on top. Use a rubber spatula to gently stir the chocolates until they are smooth and completely melted. Turn stove off but leave chocolate bowl on top of pot to keep it warm while dipping.
- Dip the bottom of each strawberry in the chocolates and place back on the wax paper lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles while wet if desired. Sprinkle the cheesecake portion with crushed graham crackers. Let harden at room temperature before placing back in fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2-4
disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Arizona Milk Producers. Reminding you to get your daily 3 doses of dairy! All thoughts and opinions are my own.