I am so excited to share these Butterscotch Blondies with you!
Do you know what a blondie is? They look a lot like a cookie bar, but they are really a brownie, just not made with chocolate. I absolutely love making blondies because they’re so adaptable. This time I decided to make a caramel butterscotch blondie to satisfy my butterscotch craving!
I know…kind of an odd flavor to crave but I do love me some butterscotch. Let’s be honest, I will eat anything with sugar in it. Are you the same?
It’s kind of a problem, but I have no plans on trying to solve it. 😉
The dough is sticky and gooey and oh so good. I used dark brown sugar to bring out that caramel flavor that butterscotch goes so well with!
This is a simple, straight-forward, no-fuss recipe. Just one bowl, a whisk and a baking pan. There is no need to pull out your mixer. That’s another wonderful aspect of the brownie/blondie…they whip up in just minutes and are SIMPLE.
I slightly under-bake these because I want the center to be nice and chewy. You can adapt these in many ways…if butterscotch is not your jam, you could add chocolate chips, nuts, m&m’s, peanut butter chips…the ideas are endless.
Whatever you decide to do, you will love them! I promise!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. (spray or butter pan before putting parchment paper in to help it stick to the pan).
- In a bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Next whisk in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Lastly, mix in butterscotch chips then pour into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. If the dough is too sticky to to spread, butter fingers to help spread out the dough.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. I suggest under-baking slightly to achieve a chewy blondie. Let cool completely before cutting.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW