It’s the last day of the year so I wanted to share a quick recipe that literally takes minutes to make and is unbelievably good!
This delicious Jalapeño Hummus Dip is quick and easy and requires no tahini paste!
In fact, I had a craving for hummus the other night and I also wanted to test out my brand new Cuisinart Food Processor that I got for Christmas, so I just whipped this Jalapeño Hummus Dip up with the ingredients I had on hand and it worked out fabulously!
I basically ALWAYS have jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, limes, and green onions on hand. I’m seriously convinced that I should be of Latin descent…
This dip was great with pita chips, tortilla chips, and even fresh vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, and red peppers. I live on the wild side and threw two whole jalapeños in there (seeds and all), and it had quite a bit of kick to it. If you’re not looking for something to knock your socks off, then you can remove the seeds.
If you need a quick appetizer, or just have a hankering for some spicy hummus, then you’ll want to give this Jalapeño Hummus Dip a try!
Jalapeño Hummus Dip
- 2 15 oz cans of Chick Peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapeños, remove seeds if you desire it less spicy
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, more if needed for consistency
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Combine the chick peas, garlic, jalapeños, olive oil, lime juice, and salt in your food processor. Process until well blended and a smooth consistency. Add more lime juice if needed.
- Stir in the cilantro and green onions.
- Serve with chips, pita bread, or fresh vegetables. Enjoy!