These quick and easy Fry Bread Navajo Tacos are made extra simple by using canned biscuits as the base.
Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy for a simple dinner that the kids will love!
These quick and easy Navajo Tacos are an absolute favorite of ours.
Easy Fry Bread Navajo Tacos
I remember specifically as a child (and an adult) being so excited when the Fall fair would roll into town, because that meant Indian Fry Bread!! Indian Fry Bread is so versatile, you can enjoy it sweet or savory. I would get myself a Navajo Taco for dinner and then quickly jump back in line for some fry bread covered in honey and powdered sugar.
If you’ve never had a Navajo Taco before, you are in for a treat!
This recipe is so incredibly easy because I just grabbed a tube of biscuits, flattened them out and then quickly fried them.
Want to make traditional fry bread? Check out THIS recipe.
The dough puffs up and becomes light and flaky on the inside, with a buttery crisp outside.
Grab all your taco fixin’s, especially some gorgeous California Avocados! It’s still California Avocado season, so make sure you take full advantage. Those creamy avocados are perfect on top of these Navajo Tacos.
What Goes On A Navajo Taco?
On top of the fried bread I spread out some refried beans for a base. You can use the canned version or make your own homemade refried beans. You just want to make sure to start with the beans so your other toppings will stick. 🙂
Feel free to customize the toppings to your liking. Here are some great ideas…
- Taco Meat
- Grilled Chicken
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Onions
Make these last few days of summer count! Get out there, have fun, and make some delicious memories!
Easy Fry Bread Navajo Tacos
- 1 10 count tube of Flaky Dinner Rolls
- Canola oil for frying, I used Canola Oil
- 2 cups of Refried Beans , warmed up.
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 cups of finely shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of sour cream, divided
- 2-3 green onions, diced
- 1 tsp chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- With your fingers and hands flatten out each roll to about 1/4 inch thickness (they puff up when fried). Fry one at a time in hot oil, turning the bread over until it is lightly golden brown on each side. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of sour cream with the 1 tsp of chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce. Blend until combined.
- Build your Navajo Tacos by smearing about 1/4 cup of refried beans on the fry bread, followed by a little bit of the spicy sour cream sauce, diced avocado, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomato, sour cream, and a little bit of green onions on top.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW