Are you sick of cream cheese yet?
This is a recipe I created for a vegetable side dish to accompany your favorite Mexican meal. It is a creamy macaroni and corn casserole dish with a kick of spicy flavor.
These cute little boats are super easy to prepare and will have your family singing your praises! Even my little ones gobbled these up!!
These are insane good! You better try these soon!!
Don’t worry, I’ve got something non-cream cheese to show you next. It will flip your lid!Print
Creamy Santa Fe Corn Boats
Creamy Santa Fe Corn Boats are a vegetable side dish to accompany your favorite Mexican meal. It is a creamy macaroni and corn casserole dish with a kick of spicy flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1– 15oz can of corn; drained
- 1– 15oz can of creamed corn
- 8 oz of Kraft Velveeta Cheese; Mexican Mild version; cubed
- 1/2 cup butter; cubed
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 5 tbsp. PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme in Santa Fe Blend
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro; chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp green onions; chopped (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine corn, creamed corn, Velveeta cheese, butter, and macaroni in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place a tablespoon of the cooking creme in each corner and one in the center.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut bell peppers in half (top to bottom), remove seeds and membranes. Dip in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and remove to a paper towel to dry. Place on a foil lined baking sheet cut side up.
- Remove casserole from oven, stir, and scoop mixture evenly into each half of bell pepper.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and green onions.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: cream cheese, corn, creamed corn, bell peppers, pasteurized cheese, macaroni