This Cheesy Ham Potato Soup Recipe is filled with tender chunks of potato and ham in a creamy and cheesy flavorful broth.
This post is in partnership with Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth. They provided me a selection of broths for recipe development, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s officially soup season! I find myself constantly pulling out my stock pot to bring a comforting soup to the dinner table. My kids absolutely LOVE soup, and with this super easy Ham and Potato Soup being ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s a win-win for us!
Have you guys tried this delicious broth from Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth yet? Oh my heavens! The broth is so rich and flavorful that I could totally drink it by itself!
Zoup! got its start in the soup business as a fast-casual franchise chain of restaurants and is now bringing restaurant-quality broth to supermarkets. Their traditional broth is made in small batches using the freshest and finest ingredients, which helps give it a richness and homemade flavor not often found in store-bought options. In addition, Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth is low in calories, paleo-friendly, and completely free of hormones, gluten, GMO’s, fat, trans fat and saturated fat.
The broth comes in a variety of flavors, even BONE BROTH! It’s available nationwide at stores like Albertsons-Safeway, Wegman’s, and Giant Eagle. Click HERE to see where it’s sold near you. Also check out the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and visit www.zoupbroth.com for a coupon!
Cheesy Ham Potato Soup Recipe:
- Start by sautéing some garlic and diced onions in a little bit of butter.
- Whisk in some flour, then gradually whisk in the Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Chicken Broth as well as some half and half to make it nice and creamy.
- Finally add in the cooked potatoes, ham and cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Ways to Use Leftovers for Soup:
- This recipe is perfect for using up that leftover ham from the holidays!
- Feel free to substitute the ham with leftover turkey or shredded chicken.
- Use leftover baked potatoes by chopping them up into bite-sized pieces and adding them to the soup.
- Add extra veggies like diced carrots and celery to the soup to bulk up the veggies if desired.
I made an extra batch of this creamy soup and froze it for another night. It was a great way to use up that leftover ham and potatoes, and now it’ll feed us twice as long!
You’re going to love the rich flavor, and how quickly this comforting soup comes together.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Cheesy Ham Potato Soup Recipe
- 1.5 lbs. baby yellow potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 31 oz. Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Chicken Broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups thick cut ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp diced green onions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender (about 10 minutes) then drain and set aside.
- Return pot to the stove top over medium heat. Melt butter and sauté the garlic and onion until tender and fragrant. Whisk in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the Zoup! Broth and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a small boil and cook until soup has thickened.
- Add in the cooked potatoes, ham and cheese and stir until creamy and warmed through.
- Garnish the soup with diced green onions if desired. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Zoup! Good, Really Good Broth. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.