These classic Almond Crescent Cookies are delightfully delicate and sweet. The buttery cookie has a pronounced almond flavor that is sure to captivate anyone, making them the perfect Holiday cookie!
Almond Crescent Cookies:
- Start by grinding up a cup of slivered almonds in a food processor or high powered blender.
- If you don’t have one of those, you can substitute the ground almonds for almond flour!
Combine some butter and sugar in a bowl or stand mixer and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Once the butter is light and fluffy, you’ll mix in some vanilla extract and almond extract.
Alternately add in the ground almonds and some all purpose flour, while using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer.
You can also use a hand mixer if that’s all you have available.
Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and then shape them into crescent shapes with your fingers.
Place them on a cookie sheet and bake until set. The cookies will be a light golden brown, and very delicate while warm, so handle with care.
All that’s left to do is dust the cookies with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
You won’t be able to keep your hands off of these delicate and delicious Almond Crescent Cookies! They’re so buttery and flavorful!
Almond Crescent Cookies
These Almond Crescent Cookies are a delightfully light cookie, filled with delicious almond flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ground almonds*
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- *Place 1 cup of slivered almonds in a food processor or magic bullet and grind as fine as you can get it with no big chunks.
- In a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and beat until combined.
- (Remove whisk from mixer and replace with the paddle attachment)
- Alternately add the ground almonds and flour a little at a time until a dough forms. It will be crumbly, but should stick together when pinched with your fingers.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and then shape into a crescent.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove to cool on a wire rack. Be careful when they are warm, they are very delicate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
Keywords: almond, crescent, cookie