Whole Grain Cherry Almond Scones
Plump juicy cherries in wonderfully light and fluffy scones, along with some sliced almonds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package of ‘Bob’s Red Mill’ Whole Grain Scottish Oatmeal Scone Mix
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups cherries; pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl pour entire bag of Scone Mix. Using a pastry cutter blend in the cold butter until the mixture turns into tiny pea-sized pieces.
- Pour in water and almond extract and stir till a soft dough forms.
- Fold in almonds and cherries.
- Divide dough in half, then turn out onto a floured surface. Shape dough into two 6″ discs and place on a greased baking sheet (or use a silicone baking mat). Cut each disc into 6 wedges.
- Bake for 15 minutes till it turns a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before enjoying.
Keywords: Scottish oatmeal, scones, cherries, almonds