Super Easy Cherry Turnovers
Super Easy Cherry Turnovers are one of the easiest desserts to make and the fastest to disappear!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box Puff Pastry Dough (found in the freezer section), thawed according to package instructions
- 1 (21oz) can Cherry Pie filling
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap both of the puff pastry doughs and cut into 8 squares (4 from each dough).
- Place a heaping tablespoon or two of cherry pie filling in the center of each square. Brush the edges of the squares with the egg white and fold over to enclose the pie filling.
- Bake on an un-greased baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
To make vanilla glaze:
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour in a frosting bag or zip close bag then snip off the tip or corner to pipe on the cooled turnovers. Enjoy!
You can use any type of pie filling in place of the cherry. Or, use a tablespoon of Nutella for a chocolate turnover!
Keywords: easy, cherry pie filling, turnovers, puff pastry