Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
Slow cooker chicken tortellini soup is a hit at our house! Easy to make and hearty for cold, busy nights.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 cup celery, about 1/2” thick
- 1 cup sliced carrots, about 1/2” thick
- 3/4 cup sliced onions about 1/2‘ thick or near the same size as the other vegetables
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups water (or water to cover)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 8-ounce package dried tortellini (cheese, spinach, mushroom, whatever you like)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In the crock of your slow cooker add the chicken, celery, carrots, onions, bay leaves, salt, pepper, water and bullion cubes if using them.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours or high 4 hours.
- After that time, shred the chicken with two forks then add the tortellini, thyme and parsley and cook until the tortellini are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with rolls or crackers.
Freeze soup without pasta so it doesn’t get mushy and add it when reheating.
Keywords: slow cooker, chicken tortellini, soup, easy, quick