Quickles (Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Onions)
Quickles are also known as Vinegar Cucumbers and Onions and they are a delicious summer snack!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (or more if desired)
- 1 tsp salt
- a couple turns of black pepper
- Place your cucumbers and onions in a tupperware or large jar and fill with the vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
My grandmother adds a little sugar to the mixture to sweeten it just a bit, but that’s optional!
You can increase the recipe, but keep the liquid ratio 3 parts vinegar : 1 part water.
Keywords: Pickled, cucumbers, onions