At the risk of sounding 5 years old… It’s my birthday week!
My birthday is this Friday, and I thought what better way to celebrate than to share some fun “Birthday” recipes all week…
Let the party begin!!
The other day I was strolling through the grocery store when I stumbled across something completely awesome. A bright pink package of Birthday Cake Oreos. Obviously, I couldn’t resist picking them up. Pink is my absolute favorite color, and… well, Birthday Cake Oreos… duh.
The Oreos are fantastic on their own, but I they taste like a party inside of these rich and chewy Birthday Cake Blondies.
The Oreos already come with sprinkles in the cake batter filling, but I needed more sprinkles. Everyone should have more sprinkles in their life. Expect to see sprinkles for the rest of the week.
Since I’m away from friends and family this year for my birthday, I thought it would be fun to celebrate with all of you guys, my virtual friends! 🙂 I love a good party, and these Oreo Birthday Cake Blondies would make a great addition to any birthday party. But of course, they can be consumed any day of the year if you’re ready for fun and a delicious treat.
What’s your favorite birthday treat?Print
Oreo Birthday Cake Blondies
Delicious blondie bars stuffed full of Oreo goodness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 8 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Self Rising flour (or 1 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 tsp baking powder + pinch of salt, sifted together)
- 8 Birthday Cake Oreos, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper or tinfoil, set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until incorporated. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gently fold in the Oreos and the sprinkles, then transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from oven and let cool. Use the parchment paper to pull the blondies out of the pan, for easy cutting.