This One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a quick-fix banana bread recipe that will knock your socks off!
It’s Spring Break for our kiddos so we hit the road and have been spending our time in Sedona, Arizona exploring all the bike trails!
I made a loaf of this banana bread just before we left so we would have something to snack on during our long drive, but it was gone before we even left the house!
How To Make: Easy Banana Bread Recipe
What I love most about this banana bread recipe is that it’s mixed up in just one bowl!
Start off with some super ripe bananas and then stir in some melted butter. No mixer needed for this one!
You can mix the whole thing up with a fork or a sturdy wood spoon.
I added mini chocolate chips to my banana bread because I love how the little chips seem to cover every inch of the bread once baked.
Can I Make Banana Bread Into Muffins?
YES! You can definitely switch this recipe from a loaf into individual muffins. The baking time would decrease to about 20 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through.
Check out these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins for a great recipe that includes Greek yogurt!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Tips and Variations:
- try using half chocolate chips, half toffee bits
- remove the chocolate chips completely for a basic banana bread
- swirl in some peanut butter before baking for a fun twist
- mix in 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans for a nutty flavor
You’ll love this super moist chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
Helpful Products For This Recipe
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This delicious and easy banana bread recipe is mixed up in just one bowl with just the right amount of mini chocolate chips!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8″x5″ (or similar size) loaf pan with baking spray (the kind with flour in it) and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour and stir until the batter is thick and combined. Fold in the chocolate chips then pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking for a pretty presentation.
recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
Keywords: Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip, Homemade, One Bowl, Nuts
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!