Homemade Pizza Dough
The BEST homemade pizza dough!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 1/2 cups warm (105-115* F) water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine the water and sugar, sprinkle in the yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, flour, and salt until the dough starts to gather around the spoon. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; kneed until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray; put the dough in the bowl. Cover bowl lightly with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm spot until it doubles in size, about an hour.
- Punch down the dough, then cut in half. You can refrigerate the other half of dough or freeze it in a floured zip-close bag.
- Roll out your dough into a 12 inch circle.
- Next, put on a little sauce…enough to cover the dough (I used 1 cup of marinara sauce).
- Pile on approximately 1 cup part skim Mozzarella Cheese, and load it with yummy toppings.
- I used: turkey pepperoni, sliced black olives, roasted red peppers, baby spinach leaves, and then I topped it off with a small shower of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 12-15 minutes (till crust is golden brown and cheese is melted) on the bottom rack in your oven.
Keywords: homemade, pizza dough