Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
This Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish recipe for any occasion!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 2 (24oz) packages Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes*
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 tbsp diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the finely chopped broccoli in a microwave safe dish and add ¼ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain water and discard plastic wrap. Add the mashed potatoes, 2 cups shredded cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish that’s been lightly coated with non-stick spray. Smooth out the top of the potatoes and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the center is hot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp and then crumble into small pieces.
- Remove potatoes from oven, top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and diced green onions. Return to oven for another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let sit for a few minutes before enjoying.
*Potatoes do not need to be heated prior to baking.
Keywords: Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole