Instant Pot Dulce de Leche
Instant Pot Dulce de Leche is a thick and creamy caramel sauce that only requires one ingredient and just a little bit of pressure to make.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3 jars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 3 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 pint sized, wide mouth mason jars
- Fill each mason jar with a can of the sweetened condensed milk and seal the top with the lid.
- Place the jars inside of your pressure cooker on top of the rack. Fill with water just until it reaches under the lid. Secure the top of the pressure cooker and make sure vent is closed.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 35 to 40 minutes with a quick release of the pressure. 35 minutes will give you a golden brown dulce de leche and up to 40 minutes will be a deeper golden brown.
- Carefully remove jars with a pot holder or rag and let cool to touch before attempting to remove the lid. Store in the refrigerator once opened.
SLOW COOKER OPTION Place the filled jars in your slow cooker and cover with water. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours depending on how deep you want the color and flavor.
Keywords: instant pot, dulce de leche, condensed milk