Gluten Free Sweet Potato Muffins (using Coconut Flour)
The muffins have a very slight taste of sweet potatoes which add to the moistness. The coconut flour adds a little nuttiness which blends in perfectly to make these a delicious fall breakfast treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 9 Muffins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, sweet potato, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and whisk until smooth and no lumps.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tin, about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of each with a little brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes in muffin tin before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: sweet potato, muffins, coconut flour, maple syrup