Easy Vegetable Rice Pilaf
This simple and easy Vegetable Rice Pilaf is the perfect side dish to any meal!
- Yield: 4 to 6
- Category: Side
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white long-grain rice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 3 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir, until the rice is lightly toasted. Add the garlic salt, basil and turmeric to the skillet and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the peas and carrots, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and enjoy!