Easy Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe
This super easy Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe is filled with brown sugar, molasses and spices for a tender, melt in your mouth cookie.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling the cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and molasses and beat until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined (do not over mix!).
- Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and roll in the granulated sugar.
- Space the cookie dough at least 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Store cookies in an airtight container.
Keywords: Gingerdoodle Cookie Recipe, Molasses Cookies