Crock Pot Pasta Bolognese Sauce
This Crock Pot Pasta Bolognese Sauce Recipe is slowly simmered for a deep and rich flavor, filled with ground beef, sausage and mushrooms.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 hot sausage links, removed from casings
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 oz package button mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3–4 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- In a large skillet combine ground beef, sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Brown for 2 minutes and add mushrooms. Continue stirring and browning for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain any fat from the skillet and transfer meat mixture to crock pot.
- Add the diced tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Taste the sauce and add more salt if desired.
- Add the bay leaves and stir.
- Set to low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving remove bay leaves and stir in the heavy cream OR evaporated milk. Enjoy!
*Freeze any leftover sauce for another night. Simply remove from freezer in the morning and place in the fridge to thaw. Heat it up on the stove top/microwave/ or back in the crock pot.
Keywords: Bolognese, Pasta Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, CrockPot, Slow Cooker