Classic Broccoli Salad Recipe
Broccoli Salad has a sweet and tangy dressing that gets soaked into the crunchy broccoli, the toasted cashews, the plump craisins, and of course… the bacon.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp, drained and then crumbled
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1 cup toasted cashews (or walnuts or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, toasted cashews (or walnuts or sunflower seeds), and craisins in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, white wine vinegar and 2 tbsp white sugar until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly. Let sit for 10 minutes in fridge before serving.
Keywords: broccoli, salad, bacon, dried cranberries