Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
This warm and gooey Chocolate Lava Cake recipe is just 5 simple ingredients and ready in less than 25 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg- YOLK ONLY
- 6 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, 3 WHOLE eggs and 1 egg YOLK, whisk till combined.
- Add 6 tbsp of flour and whisk until combined again.
- Liberally spray 4 small (1 cup) custard cups with non-stick cooking spray, and evenly fill with batter.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 15 to 16 minutes until the outer edges are set and the center is soft set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Serve with ice cream if desired and enjoy!
Make Ahead Instructions:
- You can mix up the chocolate cake batter up to 2 days ahead of time, separate it into the ramekins, cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Let the cake batter come to room temperature before baking.
- Once the cakes have been baked, remove them from the ramekins and let them cool completely. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 weeks.
- To reheat, unwrap cake and microwave on a microwave safe plate for 1 minute, or until heated through and chocolate center is still gooey.
Keywords: Chocolate Lava Cake