Chili Lime Broiled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Crispy yet tender chicken thighs pair perfectly with a cool and refreshing pineapple cucumber salad.
recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups chopped pineapple
- 3 cups chopped english cucumber
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven to broil, set the highest rack about 4 inches from the top broiler.
- On a large, shallow rimmed, baking sheet mix together the chili powder, 2 tsp of salt, and the lime zest.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the mixture and arrange skin side down. Broil for 5 minutes, then turn and broil for 8 minutes, or until the skin has crisped and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine the pineapple, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve alongside the chicken thighs.
Prep all ingredients before hand to finish the recipe in just 15 minutes!
Keywords: chicken thighs, lime, jalapeno chili, pineapple, cucumber