Cheesy Ham Potato Soup Recipe
This creamy and Cheesy Ham Potato Soup Recipe is a quick and easy comforting soup that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
- 1.5 lbs. baby yellow potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 31 oz. Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Chicken Broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups thick cut ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp diced green onions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender (about 10 minutes) then drain and set aside.
- Return pot to the stove top over medium heat. Melt butter and sauté the garlic and onion until tender and fragrant. Whisk in the flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the Zoup! Broth and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a small boil and cook until soup has thickened.
- Add in the cooked potatoes, ham and cheese and stir until creamy and warmed through.
- Garnish the soup with diced green onions if desired. Enjoy!
You can substitute the cooked ham with shredded chicken or turkey if desired.
Keywords: Ham Soup Recipe