Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with a simple broccoli cheese mixture, seared in a skillet, then baked to perfection.
So here’s the deal. My kids are not your average children when it comes to food.
I always knew they were more willing to try foods, but when my 6 year old daughter came home from school, saw chopped broccoli on my cutting board and immediately asked if she could eat it… well, that’s just not normal… is it?
Then, when I was making this recipe, she was right by my side, super excited that I was not only stuffing this chicken with broccoli, but also red bell peppers.
She’s not the only one of my kids who gets excited about veggies. I guess I should chalk this one up to a parenting win.
So next time my kids do something completely embarrassing like farting in the middle of church, I’ll just remember that at least they eat their vegetables.
But seriously, this chicken is so easy to make!
Tips for making this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Chop your broccoli florets nice and small so they can all fit inside the chicken
- Pick large chicken breasts
- Don’t cut your chicken breast all the way through, just enough to create a pocket
- If you don’t have an oven safe skillet, you can sear the chicken in a skillet first, then transfer to an oven safe dish
My Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast was the inspiration for this recipe. If you haven’t tried that recipe, then you definitely need to get on that.
Before you go making that recipe, give this one a try!
What to serve with Stuffed Chicken
Serve this easy chicken dinner with a side salad and my Garlic Parmesan Rice or Vegetable Rice Pilaf for a complete meal!
Your family will love this super tender chicken and cheesy filling!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
- For the filling, place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water. To the dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet), over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15- 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5 minutes before enjoying.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: