Almond Crescent Cookies
These Almond Crescent Cookies are a delightfully light cookie, filled with delicious almond flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ground almonds*
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- *Place 1 cup of slivered almonds in a food processor or magic bullet and grind as fine as you can get it with no big chunks.
- In a mixer combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and beat until combined.
- (Remove whisk from mixer and replace with the paddle attachment)
- Alternately add the ground almonds and flour a little at a time until a dough forms. It will be crumbly, but should stick together when pinched with your fingers.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and then shape into a crescent.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove to cool on a wire rack. Be careful when they are warm, they are very delicate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
Keywords: almond, crescent, cookie